The following services are provided by the Crestview Police Department’s Records Section. The Records Section is open to the public from 8:00AM-5:00PM, Monday-Thursday, and is located within the Crestview Police Department’s main building at 201 Stillwell Blvd., Crestview, Florida. We strive to provide public records service as quickly as possible, we receive dozens of requests per day, from citizens and outside agencies. Please bring appropriate change, as we are not always able to provide change for large bills. We do not accept credit cards.
The associated fees listed are appropriate and do occasionally vary. For questions or additional information, please contact the Records Section staff at (850) 682-3544.
- We provide Background Checks for the City of Crestview Police Departments records to Crestview residents at no charge. Should the background check required printed reports attached, the charge for those reports listed below. Please bring appropriate change, as we are not always able to provide change for large bills. We do not accept credit cards.
TRAFFIC CRASH REPORTS:
- The first 60 days following a crash, reports are restricted and released only to authorized persons. “Authorized persons” include: drivers, passengers, owners, insurance companies representing the driver, owner, passenger or property owner, attorneys representing any of the persons involved as stated above, and certain print and media, as per Florida State Statutes. To ensure we are in compliance with state law, identification may be required to obtain copies of crash reports
- Copies of traffic crash reports are available a minimum of five (5) business days after the date of the traffic crash.
Pursuant to Florida Statute 119.07:
- Copies of incident reports are fifteen ($.15) cents per one-sided pages, and twenty ($.20) cents for double-sided copies (not more than 14 inches by 8 1/2 inches).
- Copies of incident reports are available a minimum of five (5) business days after the incident.
- Release of incident reports is dependent on case status.
- Public Records exemptions apply.
VOLUMINOUS AND/OR TIME CONSUMING REQUESTS:
- Report or records requests that require special computer runs, extensive research or extensive manual searching and/or copying of records are subject to an additional fee. If the nature or volume of the record requested is such as to require extensive use of information technology resources or extensive clerical or supervisory assistance by personnel of the agency involved or both, the agency may charge, in addition to the actual cost of duplication; a special service charge which shall be reasonable and shall be based on the cost incurred for such extensive use of information technology resources or labor cost of the personnel providing the service.
For questions or additional information, please contact the Records Section staff at (850) 682-3544.