What do residents do upon graduation from the Citizens Police Academy? Many continue their interest in, and support of, the Police Department by joining the Crestview Citizens Police Academy Alumni association.
Formed in 2015, the Crestview Citizens Police Academy Alumni is a 501(c)3 nonprofit dedicated to supporting the Police Department through a variety of volunteer programs, services and activities. These include:
- Administrative support at the Police Department
- Serving as school zone crossing guards following completion of state-mandated training and certification, thus freeing sworn officers to return to patrol duties
- Fundraising for equipment not included in the agency’s city-funded budget
- Fundraising for a law enforcement officers memorial in front of the Police Department that will be dedicated to officers who have fallen in the line of duty
- Representing the department at community events and programs, including parades, festivals and fairs
- Participating in department community support activities such as the Cops Chorale fundraiser for Children’s Hospital, Cops for Kids toy distribution, the Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics-Florida, agency family social activities, etc.
- Performing volunteer community service projects.
Any graduate of a Crestview Citizens Police Academy is eligible to join the alumni association. For information, contact Community Services Officers Wanda Hulion and Sam Kimmons, 850.682.3544, or CCPAA President Marie Sacarro, 850.902.9171.